The Paris of the Plains Fest in Kansas City is almost here! Next week from September 9 through 13, the bartending community gets together for competitions, seminars and parties. I’m heading out for the BBQ as well!
- All Access Pass – $288
- Educational Day Pass – $157
- Night Owl Pass – $135
- Luncheons $45 each
9/11 Magical Midday Mezcal Meal (1:30-3PM)
9/12 Teeling Whiskey Cocktail Luncheon (12:45-2:15 PM)
- Competitions $25 each
9/10 MIXLDN Beefeater National Finals
9/13 Midwest Melee
- Seminars are also available at $25 each
- Parties range from $15-30, check ticketing for cost
Here are my picks and make sure you check out the full schedule here.
Wednesday, September 9
- 10 PM – 2 AM: USBG Industry Social (Offkey)
Thursday, September 10
- 7-10 PM: MIXLDN Beefeater National Finals (The Brass on Baltimore, Tudor Room)
The winners from the 5 regional heats will compete in the US finals in Kansas City. The winner of the US finals goes on to the International finals in London later this year. I will be cheering on my girl from Los Angeles, Karen Grill (Sassafras Saloon in Hollywood) as she takes on the other 4 regional winners.
Friday, September 11
First day of seminars! I want to do them all but here are the ones that look super cool-
- 10 – 11:30 AM: Spanish Wines and Cockails (Berg Event Space)
- 3:30 – 4:45 PM: History of Gin in Tiki Cocktails (Berg Event Space)
- 11:30 PM- 2:30 AM: Rebirth Reverb with L.L. Kinahan’s and J. Rieger & Company (The Brick)
Saturday, September 12
More seminars! Again, here are my picks!
- 10-11 AM: Beyond the Brunch Cocktails (The Brass on Baltimore, Rooftop)
- 11:15 AM-12:15 PM: Aromatized Wines in Cocktails; Americano, Quinquina and Vermouth with Haus Alpenz (The Brass on Baltimore, Rooftop)
- 2:30 – 3:45 PM: Understanding the Barrel (The Brass on Baltimore, Rooftop)
- 10 PM – 1:30 AM: Late Night Cognac with Maison Ferrand (Ollie’s Local)
Sunday, September 13
- 6-10 PM: Fourth Annual Midwest Melee (The Guild)
See you in KC!
© The Minty // LA Cocktails 2015