- The bartender knows your favorite drink.
- The bartender sees you walk in and immediately starts making something “interesting” and wants your opinion.
- The bartender wants to know your specs for the cocktail you just ordered. He knows it but wants to know how you make it.
- You know everyone at the bar. Even if it’s the first time you’ve been there.
- It’s not the first time a bartender has told you to put that liquor bottle in your purse.* Who needs a flask?
- Social Networking sites like Twitter and Facebook seem to suggest only bartenders as people you know.
- You’ve already booked your trip to Tales. [of the Cocktail, of course]
- You think you speak the same cocktailian language. And in fact, you are. Inside jokes are common. Bone Luge is a real thing.
- You’re really amaro right now. As you were 3 years ago. Bitters too even if it’s really more of a tincture. Or is it an infusion?
- Shots. Tequila. Jameson. Fernet. Yes, always.
* or your man bag