On December 10, 2012, Fratelli-Branca presented the Carpano Antica Awards. Bartenders in Southern California were invited to submit videos for various categories. The Imbiber Dan Dunn MC’d the show and notable bartenders and bloggers presented the awards.
Here are the categories and winners:
- Best Use Of Carpano Antica in a Cocktail- Come Up With A Truly Unique Recipe
- Best Pour – Show Us Your Best Form And Skill
Joey Malone, Yael Vengroff, and Devon Tarby
- Best Foreign Film – Feature An Italian Cocktail Or Theme From The Birthplace Of Fratelli-Branca…Italy!
Golden Eye / Matty Gordon of Solace & the Moonlight Lounge (Encinatas – SD)
Loved that this was filmed at Copa d’Oro!
- Best Look – Who Cares About The Drink, How Well Can You Dress?
Blind Barber /Justin Fix
- Best Use of Effects – Special, Sound or Visual, This Award Goes To The Best!
3rd Thursdays /Alexander Liberman and Justin Lapriore
- Il Meglio – Italian For “The Best”
LA loves #laybacks!
The party was DJ’d by everyone’s favorite DJ-Bartenders, Steve Livigni and Dave Fernie.
Pretty classy vases at the Awards.
Dan Dunn kept the show rolling.
Lil Twisted Jaymee Mandeville (Drago Centro) and Cari Hah (Neat, Cole’s) were some of the best dressed presenters and attendees. I loved their video too.
I thought some of the best presenters were Aidan Demerast (Neat) and Marcos Tello (1886, Bols Genever). Prior to the Awards, they alluded to not being prepared but that was just a sham.
Lee3 productions got my vote for best immediate use of their award with a layback. Yep, that trophy was an actual bottle of Carpano Antica mounted on a base with a plaque.
Here are some other videos I thought were great:
Harvard & Stone talks Fernet and tats
It’s pretty awesome this cocktail was invented generations ago for your family.
— edited to add the video recap from Carpano Antica
and the amaro that seemed to have stolen the show… Fernet-Branca
© The Minty // LA Cocktails 2013
One thought on “Recap: Carpano Antica Awards Winners”