Here’s the round up of the last few cocktail weeks of the year. And my favorite Portland Cocktail Week is almost here! Check out a couple of the public events:
- The Bacardi Bar Challenge (Thursday, 10/23: 6-8PM) at the Left Bank Annex): Four teams of 10 bartenders will compete to build the ultimate bar all in one day. From pricing out pour costs and developing a marketing plan to designing cocktail lists and backbars, the team will use the resources at their disposal to bring their dream bar concept to life, earning additional funding throughout the challenge based on pitches they can make to investors.
- USBG Showcase (Thursday, 10/23: 8-11PM at the Jupiter Hotel): One member from each of the 50+ participating USBG chapters will represent their region with a signature cocktail. Not only will the cocktails be inspired by the individual USBG chapter they’re representing, but each bar will be designed to evoke the ambiance of the region it represents, offering guests unique tastes from all over the country.
- German Rum Festival, Berlin, October 4-5
- Super Bar, Milan, Italy, October 4-6
- Art of the Cocktail, Calgary, Canada, October 4-6
- London Cocktail Week, October 6-12, UK
- Bar Convent Berlin, October 7-8, Germany
- Asheville Cocktail Week, North Carolina, October 7-12
- Nashville Whiskey Festival, October 8-11
- The Rum Experience, London, UK , October 11-12 (Boutique Rumfest for Trade October 10)
- Portland Cocktail Week, Oregon, October 18-24
- Bristol Cocktail Week, UK, October 20-26
- Boutique Bar Show, Edinburgh, Scotland, October 22
- Great American Distillers Festival, Portland, OR, October 24-25
- Cayman Cocktail Week, October 24-31
- Craft Spirits & Beer, Miami, November 7-8
- Thirst Boston, November 7-10
- MUDL Live, Cape Town, South Africa, November 27-29
The Cocktail Weeks Calendar is updated on a regular basis as more information and dates become available.
© The Minty // LA Cocktails 2014